Center for Creative Economy
CCE provides inception-stage business training to help creatives and artists develop viable businesses. Our customized education and mentorship programs fulfill our mission to launch, grow, and accelerate creative businesses.
A nonprofit organization, CCE strives to strengthen the creative economy and the creative community in Winston-Salem, NC and beyond.
Since 2016 CCE's Impact
- 56 creative startups launched
- 67% founded by women
- 53% founded by minorities
- 83% are still thriving
- 167 jobs have been created.
Our cohorts' success
- $10 million in revenue earned
- $13 million in investment raised.
CCE continues to support founders with mentorship and accountability as their businesses grow.
- Kinetic Creative Boot Camp
- Momentum Creative Business Network
- Velocity Creative Accelerator
Momentum Creative Business Network
Momentum brings together creative entrepreneurs at all stages of their journey to breakdown creative silos, connect, and build an innovative community.
- Online Directory
- Creative Business Network
- Online forum and community
- Job & Recruitment Board
Velocity Creative Accelerator
Hit the gas on your startup! The Velocity business accelerator helps entrepreneurs develop viable businesses rooted in creativity. This 10-week, cohort-based program includes a robust curriculum (with in-person and remote options), skilled facilitators, and a customized mentor team of subject matter experts from every business discipline.
Master business basics, solidify your positioning, and refine your pitch for a chance to win a $25k interest-free loan with no equity taken.
- Refinement of your creative business model
- Customized one-on-one mentoring
- Investor pitch development
Kinetic Creative Boot Camp
Take your business idea to the next level! Kinetic is a 4-week, cohort-based program that helps aspiring entrepreneurs workshop their early-stage creative business ideas and explore their customer base. Weekly curriculum (with in-person and remote options) is taught by a team of subject matter experts who mentor and counsel founders.
Kinetic graduates have successfully launched their startups, earned spots in business accelerators, and secured grants.
- Validate your business idea
- Discover and understand your customer
- Learn how to forecast the financials for your business